Why in the world would a group of officials who represent all residents of Live Oak, Florida. choose to put a statement about a fictional figure on the official seal? In the over 200,000 years of human existence there has never been one single person who has seen or heard any of the over 300,000 gods worshiped around the earth today...not one! Why not Mickey Mouse, or any other fictional character, he is just as real as any god? Remember, any religion is just an idea promoted by fanatics trying to collect money or put themselves in charge. Let's keep government and religion separate as required by the modern doctrine, created by the United States Supreme Court in 1947, that prohibits any federal, state or local government preference or support for religion. This federal judicial doctrine generally eliminates religion from the public square. By doing this act, the city of Live Oak is breaking the law.
BTW I am not an Atheist, however I am an Agnostic. (look it up) I spent 30 years working in 4 different churches as music director, so I do know what I am talking about. A church building is a hole surrounded by construction material into which you pour money.
No comments:
Post a Comment